Friday 12 February 2016

Larry Clark X Supreme

Hello pumpkins!

I'm so happy to FINALLY have another outfit post to show you. I've been lacking fashion inspiration lately, but as soon as the sun poked its head out for our brief sunny spell in North London, I was up and rearing to go. 




T-Shirt - Supreme X Larry Clark
Skirt - H&M
Personalised Bangle - Whistle + Bango
Ring/Bracelet - Primark
Cardigan - Primark
Sunglasses - Primark

Today's outfit, is a special outfit. Special because it features one of my favourite ever ever ever garments, simply because it's so unusual and also important to me. The t-shirt is from the collaboration between skater clothing brand Supreme and filmmaker Larry Clark, who has created some of the most controversial (but some of my favourite) movies around. The collection was actually released quite a few months ago, I'm late to the game in posting about it soz. However, I was thrilled when I first found out that I would actually be able to buy a piece of clothing which had creative input from such a talented man, and featured stills from one of my all-time favourite films of his - 'Kids'. I'm not gonna lie, it's definitely a 'love it or hate it' type of film, but it's gained a huge cult following and is such a beautiful, thought-provoking creation. I set my 6am alarms for the launch of the collection online, and I swear to god I would never spend £40 on a t-shirt from anywhere else but THIS WAS SO TOTALLY WORTH IT. My one regret is choosing one with a slightly more risque image - a pair of girls legs with a mans hand between them - as much as I love the cinematography of the shot, it does mean that I can't really wear the t-shirt out and about in the middle of the day. People are easily offended, in my opinion...







ANYWAY, that's probably enough about the t-shirt (except you should all totally go and watch 'Kids' and also 'Ken Park'). I don't normally wear graphic t-shirts or boy-cut clothing (yes, this is a mens t-shirt), so of course had to pair it with an extremely girly skirt to restore the natural balance of my style. Ha. I love a good maxi skirt and for some reason only during the Spring/Summer, maybe because of how relaxed and chilled they make me feel. Which is a really weird way to describe a type of clothing, I know. 

To set off the accidental sort of hippy-boho vibe I had created, I paired the look with some much needed sunnies (from Primark, I believe), a ring-bracelet piece (also Primark, ofc), and my recent personalised bangle gift from the wonderful Whistle + Bango. As you might know I normally love to experiment with bright colours so the muted tones of this look was quite different for me - but I definitely felt like it made an equally bold statement. Oh and the cardigan...well....it was just cold. It's only now that I'm realising quite a large percentage of this look is from Primark...and I love it.










Also want to say a huge MASSIVE SOPPY THANKS to my poor boyfriend/photographer Charlie, who I drag out in arctic conditions every week to just basically take loads of photos of me. He is a real trooper <3

That's all for today, I'm off to Milan next week (oohlala) for a wee romantic weekend break with one of my best pals. Sephora here we come, lord have mercy on my bank account... Keep tuned for an Italy post very soon :) Ciao for now! xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment