Tuesday 20 October 2015

Go big or go home...

Hi frieeends,

As you probably know from how much I've been whining about it, I'm basically off sick for the next two weeks and right now can't summon the energy to write tooooo much... but this post is focused on another one of my holiday looks from last week :)

I felt so ridiculously 70s in this bell sleeved, brightly printed dress...although I really wasn't keen on this trend coming back last Summer as I've mentioned before, its definitely grown on me. I may not be one for gypsy ruffles or off-the-shoulder tops, but the big sleeves and loopy prints are starting to feel beautiful. And as you know, I'm always a sucker for a print.

Dress - Motel Rocks
Bag - Monki
Sandals - H&M
Necklaces - Primark











For an overcast day in Mallorca, this dress was perfect just to slip on with a pair of brightly coloured sandals (because go big or go home, right?) and of course a floral bag, because I just had to cram in as many prints as I could into this outfit. I'm also loving layered necklaces at the moment and I picked this one up from Primark. Having worked for DCK Concessions in the past (the company that makes the jewellery for Topshop, Miss Selfridge, Dorothy Perkins, and tons of high street brands) I can safely say that Primark jewellery quality is EXACTLY the same, if not better. Infact, my poundland necklace has lasted longer than ANY of my Topshop jewellery every has. Seriously, the quality is terrible, don't every pay full price for that shit. Primark, poundland, markets, charity shops, or sales. Or, I suppose you could buy actual quality jewellery but who has the money for that..

I picked this dress up from Motel Rocks, and although I'm still a LITTLE bit unsure about the criss-cross neckline I'll definitely give it a chance. As you can guess, I was immediately attracted to the colourful, crazy print and the long wide sleeves. Initially I wasn't mad about the material because it's quite fluid and feels a bit lycra-like, but this just means it flows over my frame, lightly skimming my body, and can look flattering on almost any shape.






Now. My hair. Let's not ignore the elephant in the room. I don't want to make excuses but the wind was RIDICULOUS that day - although, I have to say I kind of love how big this made it, despite looking quite frizzy. I ended up embracing the curly girls biggest problem, and fluffed my hair up to the nines. I'm also quite pleased with how blonde it looks in some of the pictures - I've been planning with HOB salons to have a second bleaching (sorry, poor hair) to go even brighter pink next time, and I'm almost looking forward to seeing how blonde it will look when the colour eventually washes out. I've wished I was blonde FOREVER but never felt like my colouring was right for it, and I just wasn't brave enough to take the plunge. But, baby steps, one bleach at a time...

I also think it's about time I gave a shoutout to my wonderful photographer/boyfriend Charlie - he puts up with a LOT including how bossy I get when directing outfit photos...ooops. Does a good job though, doesn't he??

That's all for now as I'm back in my sick bed, but although I've been stuck at home I've also been enjoying a bit of baking and trying new recipes, so check out my 'Eats' page if you fancy some food reviews and recipe trials :)



Love xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment