Sunday 30 August 2015

Seventies Summer

Of course, when it was time to do the first outfit photos I've taken in FOREVER my camera breaks after three pictures, so excuse the quality of some of these...




As you can see from the photos, I'm clearly still in denial that Winter is rearing its ugly head, but I've been looking for this Topshop skirt for SO long and have only just found it in my size - which means Summer lives on! (in my wardrobe anyway...) Although my wardrobe tends to be full of colour I'm not normally brave enough to pull off such loud, vibrant prints so I wanted to keep the outfit nice and simple while still channelling some of this Summer's 70s vibes. The best way to do this was by pairing the skirt with a floaty bell sleeved chiffon top with delicate mesh patterns that I grabbed in the Urban Outfitters sale. I know, I wish I could afford that shop under normal circumstances too. 

I've also recently gained a new found love for trainers. For the past few years I've been stuck in nothing but chelsea boots and vintage lace ups but I think suddenly my age is catching up with me... I'm choosing comfort over style, people. Well, to an extent. Although these trainers aren't the coolest things in the world they do go with just about everything and pulled all the white in the outfit together nicely.



To be honest, I hadn't actually been so keen on the 70s style coming back initially. Off the shoulder tops and puffy gypsy sleeves just weren't working for me, but after a very reliable source informed me that the 70s were still on the cards through AW15, I decided to start embracing it. And I think I can get on board with it! I try not to let the current trends influence my style too too much normally - I never want to be one of those people who just wears something because it's being seen everywhere. It's difficult to keep up with your own style and keep track of what you actually like these days with high street shops and advertising shoving fashion down your throat on a daily basis - but if you like it, buy it. Unless your overdraft is in the same state that mine's in right now...

Excuse this ratty close up of my face, but I wanted to show off my make up a bit...





Clothing
Top - Urban Outfitters, £10 (sale)
Necklace - Urban Outfitters, £6 (sale
Skirt - Topshop £20 (ebay)
Trainers - Topshop £10 (sale)


Make-up
Skin - Dior Hydra Life BB Creme, NARS blush
Eyes - Soap and Glory Cat Eye liquid eyeliner pen
Eyebrows - Maybelline Brow Satin pencil
Lips - Kate Moss x Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 107

1 comment: