Wednesday 20 February 2013

Curl Gurl...

Having incredibly hard hair to manage (lucky me), I thought I'd do a review of the products I've been using lately to help anyone else who has the problem of curly/dry/damaged/dyed/tangly hair. Although I haven't dyed my hair in a long time, over a year now, it's still suffering from dry and damaged ends, and I've also lost my curl!! Still incredibly gutted about this, over the last two years I've gone from having extremely bouncy curly hair to dull wavy locks. This might be because of the length, but good products seem to be a necessity at the moment.

So today I'll be focusing on Curl Cream because anyone who uses it knows that they are all compleeeetely different and it's so difficult to find one that suits your hair type. Normally I'm dubious when hair products cost such a ridiculous amount, but in the case of Label M it's completely one hundred percent, no doubt about it, worth it. I think I'm probably quite easily duped by advertising - which is shameful to admit - but this worked!

Label M Curl Cream



At £12 a bottle the Label M Curl Cream seems extortionate but it does the job and MORE. I used to use Tony N Guy Curl Cream and that was so perfect costing only about £7, but sadly for some unknown reason they discontinued it. Since then I've been searching far and wide for a curl cream that smooths curls, makes them bouncier, less frizzy, and basically, just curlier. It's been a long hard ride... However, the Label M Curl Cream is amazing. It smells beautiful (coconut!) and manages to have a very light, non-sticky texture while still being quite a thick cream. It's not so thick that it sits in your hair and makes it feel heavy or sticky, but thick enough that you can feel it really taking hold of the curls and defining them. It's also full of lovely ingredients to help protect your curls, including Jojoba, Bran and Sunflower extract. Perhaps more importantly as the Summer is coming up, it contains an ingredient exclusive to Label M which actually shields your locks from UV rays. The only down side is that you only get 150 mls, and it is expensive but I really do think it's worth it.


L'oreal Kerastase Oleo Curl 



L'oreal Kerastase Oleo Curl - also expensive costing again about £12, so for some reason I must have thought that this meant it would work. And to be honest, it does...sort of. It's gorgeous smelling and does do the job but is just lacking that extra push. When using it, it does feel nice and light in the hair but this also makes it feel like its not even doing anything because it is so light. I'd recommend it for those of you with thinner hair as mine is quite thick and needs something slightly heavier to tame it, but there is no doubt that this is an effective product. This is possibly something I'd use everyday (if I could afford it) just for a light de-frizzing and curl smoothing, but doesn't quite push the curls as much as Label M does. You get about the same amount in the bottle, so I think in this case it's probably very dependant on hair type.


Boots Essentials Curl Creme.


The third curling cream I'll be reviewing is the Boots Essentials Curl Creme. For a cheap everyday alternative, this stuff is great. Compared to the other two it is in a bit of an annoying twist-lid tub, but hey it only costs about £3! It smells AMAZING I could stick my nose in it all day, but more importantly it also works. Its thick but not too thick, and does the job of making curls bouncier and more defined. My one problem would be that it is quite sticky and you do feel this stickiness in your hair until its completely dried, and even then it does leave it slightly crispy... however, if you only use a small amount it definitely does the trick and is very much worth a try at such a cheap price.


Umberto Giannini Silky Curls Smoothing Balm.



And last, (and actually to be honest - definitely least) the Umberto Giannini Silky Curls Smoothing Balm. It's tiny and in a nice little bottle so would be good for holiday...but to be honest these are the only real positives I can think of for this product, personally. It's light (too light), smells good, de-frizzes and smooths to an extent but not really enough to warrant itself as a specific curl smoothing balm. Maybe get this if you have incredibly light/thin curly hair...if you dont, then just....dont!

Hope this helped any curly girls (or boys...) x

1 comment: